Saturday, June 11, 2011

Projects

Some of you may know I am a crafter. I love me some crafts! Or maybe I'm more of a home maker? Yeah, home maker sounds better to me! A few years ago I thought being crafty meant you liked things like latch hook and knitting. I wasn't sure why people would want to spend their time sitting around making washcloths and afghans. Note: I LOVE the washcloths my Grandma makes us every year for Christmas, LOVE THEM! and the pink afghan she made when Emma was born is so beautiful! It just seams like a lot of work and I never undstood how to make them(maybe I'm just jealous?) Anyway, I am always looking for ways to make our little living space cutter and when your buying cute nick nacks and pillows it starts to add up!

The first thing I tried to make were these cute litte flowers for Emma to wear in her hair.... ok so she still doesn't have hair, but she can still wear them on a head band!
Super easy to make, right? Just hot glued a alligator clip to a piece of felt and then glued it to the flower. Piece of cake! My next project would also involve flowers.
Not the best picture, but you can kind of see the flower in my hair, right? I learned how to make these from Cami over at http://www.youseriouslymadethat.blogspot.com/ Cami and I worked together at ZPR and I would have never guessed she was so talented and crafty! So I made a bunch of these for me and Emma. I just kept seeing cute flowers I wanted to make some out of ribbon some out of fabric and some out of paper.


These purple rosettes I made out of ribbon. I used the same technique as the hair flowers, but twisted a little tighter to make the flower a little smaller. Now all I need to do is get some more purple in my living room so this will fit in a little better :)

This cute brown flower I learned how to make from Vanessa Christensen over at http://www.vanessachristensen.com/. Love Vanessa, she used to live just over the mountain from where I grew up! I stole her pictuer because I've only made two of these flowers and I sent them both to my mom for mothers day. Should have taken a picture when I first made them! Vanessa also created the Abby Bag pattern I used to make my new diaper bag.
So cute right?! She's amazing!

Ok, this post is getting WAY too long so I'm gonna get to the good stuff! After doing a lot of hot glue crafts I thought it was time to start sewing again! I saw some cute pillows over at http://www.justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/ and HAD to try and make some for myself! Heres how they turned out!


Super cute gathered pillow. I think I need to make a light pink one for Emma's room!


More rosette flowers of course! I have to say that out of all of the projects I've done so far, this pillow is my favorite! So cute, but different then what you might see in a store. And I can say that I MADE IT! With a lot of help from Suzanne over at http://www.justanotherhangup.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment